Supervisor Foreman School
Houston County Electric Cooperative, Crockett, TX Visit Website
Tuesday, April 16, 2024
- Thursday, April 18, 2024
Central Standard Time
Course Description This three-day course is designed to prepare foremen and supervisors for the challenges of being an effective and successful leader. Participants will gain insight into what people respect in leaders. Among other topics, the course discusses: what management looks for in a leader, what subordinates expect, characteristics of effective leadership, responsibilities that come with leadership and the position, and current regulations in the electrical industry.
• Developing traits of a successful leader
• Understanding generational differences in the workforce and how to communicate with others
• Application of problem solving and critical thinking
• Application of effective communication and listening skills
• Application of current regulations and responsibilities of the position
Course begins at 8 a.m., Tuesday, April 16 and ends at noon, Thursday, April 18.
Houston County EC, 1701 East Loop 304, Crockett 75835
Continuing Education Units and Continuing Professional Education Hours
These courses may be eligible for CEUs or CPEs, depending on the governing body. For completion of the Loss Control School, TEC will automatically provide a certificate of completion that may be used to apply for CEUs/CPEs. TEC is registered with the State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. Registration with the board does not constitute an endorsement by the board as to the quality of the CPE program.