Supervisor Foreman School
Sam Houston Electric Cooperative, Livingston, TX Visit Website
Tuesday, September 10, 2024
- Thursday, September 12, 2024
Central Standard Time
Course Description This three-day course is designed to prepare foremen and supervisors for the challenges of being an effective and successful leader. Participants will gain insight into what people respect in leaders. Among other topics, the course discusses: what management looks for in a leader, what subordinates expect, characteristics of effective leadership, responsibilities that come with leadership and the position, and current regulations in the electrical industry.
• Developing traits of a successful leader
• Understanding generational differences in the workforce and how to communicate with others
• Application of problem solving and critical thinking
• Application of effective communication and listening skills
• Application of current regulations and responsibilities of the position
Course begins at 8 a.m., Tuesday, September 10 and ends at noon, Thursday, September 12.
Sam Houston EC, 632 Nettles Cemetery Road, Livingston, TX 77351
Continuing Education Units and Continuing Professional Education Hours
These courses may be eligible for CEUs or CPEs, depending on the governing body. For completion of the Loss Control School, TEC will automatically provide a certificate of completion that may be used to apply for CEUs/CPEs. TEC is registered with the State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. Registration with the board does not constitute an endorsement by the board as to the quality of the CPE program.